Click on the image to display the description for that configuration screen.
Want to turn on your firewall, tweak its settings/rules or view recently logged activity? Every control can be accessed freely from the home screen.
- Enable/Disable Firewall
- Access the Firewall Rules, Connection Logs, Firewall Settings, and Data Usage screens
Don't know what your options are? Make note of the useful tip screens we've included to guide you on how you can interact with Mobiwol's screens.
- Tap on the x to close the screen and continue on to Mobiwol
- Note: You can turn on/off tip screens in the Firewall Settings
Set the ground rules for your firewall. Do you want to give different connection permissions to different apps? Do you want an app to have Internet connectivity only when it's in the foreground? Mobiwol controls your device's interactions with the outside world, the way you want them to be controlled.
- Swipe to enable/disable Foreground Only mode
- Enable/Disable Wi-Fi/network connectivity for individual apps
- Access additional settings via your device's native menu button to accept/block all Wi-Fi/network connections or apply Foreground Only mode globally
Mobiwol keeps track of every activity initiated by your apps and it logs them, here. Every activity is logged, and users can filter the logged activities based on their status – Blocked or Allowed. Users can also search for a particular app, in case they wish to monitor any suspected app activity. If you find an app that's being mistakenly blocked, you can unblock it by just tapping the log entry. Likewise, if you want to lock down an app which is blowing up your data plan, you can just block it by tapping the entry.
- Search for a specific app's activity
- Tap to change connection preferences for a logged app
- Swipe right to delete individual records
- Clear or Filter logged entries by accessing the menu options for this screen
Mobiwol is all about control. You can not only control how apps interact with the outside world, but you can also control how Mobiwol interacts with you. Do you want Mobiwol to start automatically on Reboot? Do you want Mobiwol to block any new application, so that only trusted applications are granted connectivity? Do you want to change the frequency of the notifications or wish to just turn them off and browse the logs at your own pace? Everything can be tweaked right here.
- Enable/Disable Auto-Start on Reboot
- Define default action (Accept/Block) for new applications)
- Enable/Disable Log notifications
- Set the log frequency
- Enable/Disable Tip Screens
Since Mobiwol uses the VPN package to monitor traffic in your device, all activities initiated by installed apps pass through the firewall and all the data usage gets attributed to Mobiwol in the native data usage screen. As the native Android data usage screen now shows inconsistent results, Mobiwol has included its own data usage screen in the app's premium version, which gives users full transparency to exactly how much data each app is gulping down. You can choose to view the data usage based on the preferred network connection (Mobile/ Wi-Fi) and change the timeline to view summarized data usage and view data consumption for your apps, both collectively and individually.
- View cumulative data usage
- View data usage per app by clicking on a listed app
- View data usage by preferred connection
- View data usage for a defined period of time
- Set a mobile data limit
- Turn off Mobile Data or Background Data usage for a viewed app